We are Tender Belly, purveyors of the finest pork products. We are a nationally-acclaimed and rapidly-growing Denver company creating amazing pork products known and respected for being Certified Awesome. We put our best into our products and everything we do. We take the time to do things right, even if it takes a little longer. All of our hogs are raised without the use of antibiotics, on vegetarian diets, in stress free environments. We consistently over-deliver for our customers and relentlessly pursue being better.
Working closely with leadership, the New Product Development Specialist will manage new product development ideas from concept to mass production through the company’s product development process. Position will research, develop, scale-up and start-up and implement new products to effectively compete in the bacon and sausage market. Manages projects from the concept phase through the development lifecycle to successful production launch. Provides analytical and tactical support in development of product plans. Evaluates internal and external market trends and makes recommendations for existing product enhancements and new product development.
In coordination with operations, marketing and the company sales leadership team, this position will:
- Contributes technical expertise to product design and development.
- Assists in product design/development and the definition of functional specifications for the development group.
- Collaborates with Product Managers, design, contract manufacturers, development, and testing groups, and Marketing, Manufacturing, Legal, and other departments to bring products to market.
- Produces timelines, milestones, workflows and prototypes.
- Provides accurate time estimates on projects and identifies risks and opportunities with each alternative.
- Supports the quality control department from a technical perspective.
- Assists in the authoring of food product documentation/process specifications (or develops accurate nutritional labels and documentation)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in food science, meat science, agriculture, nutrition or related field
- Strong preference for candidate with meat experience from development through commercialization
- 3 to 5 years of experience in product development of specialty foods or consumer packaged goods industry
- Proven success with launching products from concept through launch
- Familiarity with consumer research techniques, regulatory and certification programs
- Knowledge of foods safety programs including but not limited to SQF, BRC, USDA, Costco
- Knowledge of USDA nutrition and labeling guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable with presentations and public speaking
- Proactive, self-starter with willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and departments in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Resilient, resourceful, and flexible to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Technical Skills with MS Office, various purchasing, pricing, and
Interested in applying for this position and becoming a member of our Certified Awesome team? Shoot an email to email@example.com to learn more.
Bacon Every Month Club