We are Tender Belly, purveyors of the finest pork products. We are a nationally-acclaimed and rapidly-growing Denver company creating amazing pork products known and respected for being Certified Awesome. We put our best into our products and everything we do. We take the time to do things right, even if it takes a little longer. All of our hogs are raised without the use of antibiotics, on vegetarian diets in stress free environments. We consistently over-deliver for our customers and relentlessly pursue being better.
The Supply Planner is responsible for ensuring that the company receives the materials or supplies they need quickly, efficiently, and within budget. Position monitors the company's inventories and tracks the performance of current supply methods. Establishes purchasing policies and procedures and directs purchasing programs in a cost-effective manner that emphasizes quality. Troubleshoots breakdowns along the supply chain and responds fluidly to unexpected events.
In coordination with the Senior Operations Manager and the company leadership team, this position will:
- Partner with Operations to develop the production schedule and sequencing in order to optimize companyoperations as well as meeting external customer demands.
- Work with high degree of flexibility to manage changes to the production schedule with little to no advance notice.
- Define daily production schedule and capabilities utilizing establish aligned capacity such as rates and calendars.
- Identify material and planning conflicts that could result in compromised production runs and communicate immediately to Operations team.
- Create and maintain updated production schedules.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Review and monitor requisitions, supply sources, supplies, quotations, terms, etc.
- Recommend major purchases of materials on the basis of anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supply chain planning or purchasing role, preferably in food service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, relevant field preferred.
- Solid understanding of logistics, inventory management practices, and inventory strategy.
- Advanced competency with Excel, ERP systems, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
Interested in applying for this position and becoming a member of our Certified Awesome team? Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Bacon Every Month Club