The Tender Belly culinary team brings you the Daytona Speedway Firecracker Frank! A speedway frank, almost as iconic as the speedway itself. Ladies and gentlemen, start your grills!
- 8 Tender Belly Berkshire Uncured Franks
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (small dice)
- ¼ cup green bell pepper (small dice)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno (small dice)
- 2 tablespoons fresno chile (small dice)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ounce liquid pectin
- 3 cups green cabbage (thin sliced)
- ¼ cup red onion (julienne)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Hoagie buns
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 13 minutes
- In a medium sauce pot combine peppers/chiles, sugar and vinegar, bring to a boil. Stir in pectin and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir occasionally as pepper jelly cools.
- In medium mixing bowl mix together cabbage, red onion, jalapeno, fresno chile, cilantro, mayo, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, salt and pepper to make slaw.
- Grill franks on griddle or outdoor grill for 2 minutes per 1/3 turn of frank, 6 minutes total.
- Toast bun lightly on grill for 1 minute.
- Assemble by placing franks into buns, spoon pepper jelly along one side of frank. Lay slaw across the opposite side of the frank.
- Pour yourself and your friends a cold one and enjoy!