Posted January 02, 2019
Entertain your sweet and savory cravings with this honey glazed pork belly recipe from the Tender Belly culinary team.
- 2.5 pounds of Tender Belly Berkshire Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 apples
PREP TIME: 35 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
2. Place pork belly in a hotel pan (or 9X13 pan) and pour glaze over top. Marinate for one hour in the refrigerator, flipping pork at 30 minutes. Reserve glaze.
3. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line sheet pan with foil and place cooking rack over pan. Place pork belly on cooking rack and put it in the oven.
4. Cook for 25 minutes, then turn oven up to 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or until pork has a dark, caramelized color. Pull out of oven and allow pork to rest 10 minutes.
5. Pour pan drippings (about 2 cups) and reserved glaze into saucepan over medium-high heat. When sauce starts to simmer, add cornstarch slurry, whisking constantly, and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Dredge apple slices in pan sauce to marinate, do not leave in sauce long enough to cook apples.
7. Cut pork into roughly ½ inch slices. Shingle your pork and apple slices.
Bacon Every Month Club