Posted November 21, 2018
Our Tender Belly culinary team took this guacamole recipe to a whole new happy place. One with bacon. Trust us. If you're looking for an appetizer that everyone will love, look no further.
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:4 GUESTS
- 4 slices Tender Belly Habanero Bacon
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño (minced)
- 1/4 cup tomato (ripe)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (minced)
- Lots of tortilla chips for serving!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- Place bacon in skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until crispy, 8-10 minutes. Remove to plate to rest.
- Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop the avocado into a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice, cumin, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash with a fork until combined but still a bit chunky. Add the red onions, jalapeños, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Crumble the bacon into the bowl and gently fold to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips.