Posted August 23, 2018
Recipe inspired by The Palisade Cafe 11.0
This simple recipe is a minor twist on the BLT and is the perfect balance of savory and sweet that uses seasonal peaches and our Tender Belly mouth-watering bacon. If you haven’t sunk your teeth into a juicy, wipe-the-chin-dripping Colorado peach yet this season, now’s the time. And, it’s going fast. The peaches from Colorado’s Palisade region offer many varieties through mid-September and if you live in Colorado, you can find the perfect peach or even visit the orchards.
BLP: Tender Belly Bacon, Lettuce and Peach
- 2 slices of cooked Tender Belly Signature Blend Dry-Rub Uncured Bacon per naanwich
- Naan (large or mini, based on preference)
- Sliced peaches (approximately ½ peach per Naan)
- Greens (mixed greens)
- Chopped fresh basil
- Garlic Aioli for drizzling (see recipe below)
Cook the bacon (we prefer using a cast iron skillet on medium heat, flipping twice, 6-7 minutes per side for that crispy caramelized flavor). Slice the peaches (you can peel and then slice them if you prefer). Warm up the naan (in the oven at 300 degrees for a few minutes). Add the cooked bacon, sliced peaches and greens. Drizzle with garlic aioli (recipe below) and top with chopped basil.
Easy Garlic Aioli, Makes ½ cup
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon (or more) coarse kosher salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
OR, for those of you overachievers with 20 minutes of time…
Garlic Aioli (from scratch), Makes 1/2 cup
Use equal parts of egg and oil...approximately:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 peeled, whole garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Mash and chop the garlic. Whisk the egg, lemon juice, garlic, oil and salt for 10-15 minutes until it is creamy. Drizzle over the top.
Serve with a side salad and your lunch is complete. Enjoy!