National Food Service Sales
About Tender Belly
Shannon and Erik Duffy are two crazy brothers who asked themselves: Why is it so freakin’ hard to find really good bacon? Not good bacon, but really good bacon. And so they started meeting with local heritage breed pork farmers, trying out tons of unique dry rub recipes, and experimenting with different hardwood smoke techniques. Eventually, Tender Belly was born in 2010 with a singular mission: Bring happiness to hearts and bellies by crafting the most #CrazyTasty pork on planet earth. Check out our website!
About the Position
The Sr Manager for National Food Service Sales will have responsibility for all sales within the Food Service Sales Channel as defined by Tender Belly (National/Regional/Specialty Meat Distributors, medium to large sized restaurant and hospitality operators). This role will lead all aspects of the sales activities including strategic sales planning, demand forecasting, identifying new business targets, managing broker relationships, and meeting sales goals. This role will report into Tender Belly’s Sr Director of Sales and is ultimately responsible for the overall success of his or her accounts in terms of volume, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive new distribution in key growth categories – Bacons, Sausages, Hams and other core value added pork SKUs
- Monetize and grow existing relationship with DOT Foods by successfully mining potential target accounts within the DOT foods network
- Strengthen brand expansion into new geographies across the FS channel
- Manage national/regional/specialty distributor and broker relationships and assist in servicing operator accounts
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the marketplace by working with the Director of Business Intelligence: monthly review of market data, trends, and competitor analyses
- Implement and manage pricing tools and promotional calendars and trade spending for key accounts
- Maintain accurate account records for communicating weekly updates to management
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years previous premium protein sales experience required in the Foodservice Meat Distributor/Broker/Operator industry
- Direct experience with high end protein/perishable products required
- Strong preference for existing network of Specialty Meat Distributor accounts or contacts in order to quickly ramp sales pipeline
- Experience working in the DOT network strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not mandatory
- Relocation not necessary
- Proximity to a major airport required
- Some overnight travel required
What We’re Offering
- A high energy team striving to sell Crazy Tasty bacon to everyone on earth
- Significant opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary plus bonus incentives with a base salary range of $90-$110k based on experience
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits including 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting
- PTO plus paid holidays
Interested in starting a conversation? Please submit a copy of your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Pre-employment background check a condition of employment. EOE.