Posted January 04, 2019
Bacon Every Month Club
Gearing up to host and need an appetizer in a hurry? The Tender Belly Culinary team has you covered with this quick, but tasty bacon cheese dip!
- 1 cup Vermont white cheddar (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 8 slices of Tender Belly Signature Blend bacon
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños (diced)
- Flatbread or crackers for dipping
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- Cook bacon on stovetop according to directions. Once cooked, place bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces. Reserve 1/3 of the bacon pieces for topping.
- Mix white cheddar, cream cheese, green onions and 2/3 of crumbled bacon, then place in an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Bake in 400˚F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until heated through and edges start to bubble.You can also do this on your grill by placing the oven safe dish directly on the grill over medium high heat. If cooking over the grill make sure to give the dip a stir every 2 minutes or so to evenly melt all the cheeses.
- While baking, toast flatbread in oven or if cooking on the grill you can toast the flatbread directly on the grill until grill marks form and give you those great grill marks.
- Once the cheese in the dip is fully melted and the dip begins to bubble, remove and top with the remaining bacon and cheddar jack cheese. Finish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with flatbread or crackers for dipping.
- For a more liquid texture add milk to desired consistency.