Posted February 13, 2019
Zoodles are all the rage these days and Tender Belly is hopping on board! Spiralized zucchini noodles are loaded with B vitamins, which boost your cognitive health and metabolism. They also help improve digestion while staying low in calories and carbs, and are a high source of antioxidants and vitamin C.
- ½ pound Tender Belly Signature Dry Rub Uncured No Sugar Bacon
- 2 quart Cece’s Organic Zucchini Spirals
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups green peas (cooked)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
PREP TIME: 4 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until crispy, 8-10 minutes. Remove to plate to rest. Once cooled, chop bacon into medium dice.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of bacon grease.
- On medium heat, sauté the garlic for 30 seconds. Add zucchini, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Thoroughly whisk together half-and-half with cornstarch, add to skillet, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bacon, peas, parmesan and salt, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and black pepper. Add red pepper flakes for some spice. Enjoy!