Posted January 16, 2019
This clever recipe replaces starchy potatoes, refined flour, and white rice with delicious, nutritious cauliflower, master of disguises. Don't worry, we added bacon.
- 6 slices of Tender Belly Signature Blend Bacon
- 20 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the cauliflower to a large microwave safe bowl along with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 4 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Mash cauliflower with a potato masher.
- Add the cheddar, cream cheese, and sour cream to the bowl and stir well until the cheese has melted into the cauliflower.
- Stir in the bacon, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.