Posted January 22, 2019
Salad can get a bad wrap. But if you're looking for something healthy, crisp and fresh, the Tender belly culinary team has your back with this Thai Lettuce Wrap recipe.
- 12 ounces Tender Belly Signature Dry Cured Maple Bacon
- ½ teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresno chile (small dice)
- ½ cup carrot (julienne)
- ½ cup red cabbage (thin slice)
- ½ cup cucumber (thin slice)
- ¼ cup green onion (thin slice)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh (minced)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts (rough chop)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heads of bibb lettuce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce or plum sauce or peanut sauce
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 11 minutes
- Place bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until crispy, 8-10 minutes. Remove to plate to rest. Once cooled, chop bacon into medium dice.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, cook garlic, chile, carrot and red cabbage in oil for 45 seconds, remove from pan quickly and allow to cool.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine chile, carrot, cabbage, cucumber, green onion, cilantro, peanuts, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Separate bibb lettuce into individual leaves.
- To serve, scoop vegetable mixture into lettuce cups and top with bacon. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.
Bacon Every Month Club