Posted November 21, 2018
Bacon Every Month Club
This Eggs Benedict recipe needs no introduction. Our Tender Belly culinary team created this simple concoction so you can get cookin' and eatin'!
RECIPE INGREDIENTS:6 SERVINGS
- 8 slices Tender Belly Pit Ham
- 8 eggs (large)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ gallon water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 English Muffins
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- Heat butter until very lightly scalding on edge of pan and fully melted.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Place yolks in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, paprika and salt.
- Very slowly drizzle in hot melted butter whisking vigorously and constantly. Continue until all butter is incorporated and hollandaise is thick and creamy. Keep in a warm place.
- Bring pot of water to a boil then turn to medium simmer. Add salt and vinegar.
- Crack eggs and gently drop into water. Stir water rapidly to create a whirlpool.
- Use slotted spoon to gently pull eggs out of poaching water. Place on paper towels to remove excess water.
- In a skillet melt butter and toast English Muffin and sear ham for 1 minute.