This Eggs Benedict recipe needs no introduction. Our Tender Belly culinary team created this simple concoction so you can get cookin' and eatin'!
- 8 slices Tender Belly Pit Ham
- 8 eggs (large)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ gallon water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 English Muffins
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
Cook 2 minutes for “soft poach”, 3 minutes for “medium poach”, over 4 minutes for “hard poach”
- Heat butter until very lightly scalding on edge of pan and fully melted.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Place yolks in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, paprika and salt.
- Very slowly drizzle in hot melted butter whisking vigorously and constantly. Continue until all butter is incorporated and hollandaise is thick and creamy. Keep in a warm place.
- Bring pot of water to a boil then turn to medium simmer. Add salt and vinegar.
- Crack eggs and gently drop into water. Stir water rapidly to create a whirlpool.
- Use slotted spoon to gently pull eggs out of poaching water. Place on paper towels to remove excess water.
- In a skillet melt butter and toast English Muffin and sear ham for 1 minute.