With the help of the Tender Belly culinary team anyone can become a holiday chef. Here's the perfect recipe to entertain those hungry holiday guests.
- 1 Tender Belly Spiral Cut Ham
- 1 pound pearl onions (peeled)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
PREP TIME: 2 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- In medium mixing bowl, toss onions with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Leave foil wrap on ham and place defrosted ham on flat side in roasting pan
Heat ham to an internal temperature of 120 degrees F (Roasting time is generally 8-10 minutes per pound)
- Brush or spoon prepared glaze (see instructions below) evenly over the ham
- Place prepared onions on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the onions are tender.
- Place glazed ham back in the oven and heat, uncovered, 10-15 minutes at 275 degrees F
- Serve ham with roasted balsamic onions.
- Empty glaze packet contents into a small sauce pan
- Add 3 tbsp of liquid of your choice (e.g., pineapple juice, orange juice, water)
- If you really want to step it up, add 1 tbsp of melted butter
- Warm over medium heat, stirring until glaze contents are dissolved