Posted June 06, 2015
Join Slow Meat for One Day Only of Eatings and Meetings, Tastings and Talk about Better Meat, Less. The first-ever Slow Meat Fair on Saturday June 6 is a delicious gathering to celebrate, discuss and learn more about sustainably raised meat, and why it matters . It is open to the public with free entry and some ticketed events. Located on the Auraria Campus MSU Club Sports Field and Hospitality Learning Center from 11am-5pm.Bacon Every Month Club
- Speakers Tent, featuring: Dr. Temple Grandin, Slow Meat from around the Globe, Faith and Food, What's in a Label?, Antibiotics in our meat
- Terra Madre Kitchen, featuring Slow Food tastes and food traditions from around the world including the Navajo Nation, South Africa, Mexico and the American South.
- Tattered Cover pop-up bookstore and author signings, featuring: Nicolette Hahn Niman, Adam Danforth and Gary Nabhan
- Food and product vendors, including: Marczyk Fine Foods, Tender Belly, Infinite Monkey Theorem, Continental Sausage, MMLocal Foods, HighPoint Creamery, Brava Pizzeria, Whole Foods Markets, and more!
- Ticketed culinary and taste workshops, featuring: Charcuterie, cheese and craft beer tasting, Sausage making, Heritage pork breeds and brews, Beef breakdown.