- Steve Lewis, managing partner at Guiliana Imports, will join Frasca Food and Wine in pouring some of his favorite Nebbiolo wines. The dinner will be held on October 29 at 6 p.m. at Caffe Space. This unique event is limited to 14 guests and the $300 ticket price includes the dinner, wine pairings, tax and gratuity. To make a reservation, email email@example.com
or call 303.442.0608.
- The Broadmoor Resort has lots of holiday bubbles ready to pour for its guests. Master sommelier, Brandon Tebbe, has hand-picked a selection of five different sparkling wines all under $30 during the holiday season. [Eaterwire]
- New Belgium's Tour de Fat, a traveling tour of philanthropic bicycle advocacy,raised more than $625,000 in 2014, closing in on raising nearly $4 million in its 15-year stretch. The event traveled to 10 cities between May and October this year, attracting a total of 103,500 beer and bike enthusiasts. The brewery's hometown of Fort Collins raised the most money ($110,454). To see photos, videos, and other highlights from some of the 2014 tour stops, click here
- Ski season is on at Arapahoe Basin. Ignite Burgers and Bar is offering an après ski deal: guests just show their same day lift ticket or season pass and enjoy two-for-one select draft beers. [Eaterwire]
- Ben Hoffman, Tender Belly's sponsored triathlete, took second place at the 2014 IRONMAN World Championships in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, on October 11th. Hoffman competed against more than 2,000 athletes from around the globe. He finished the 2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike ride, and 26.2-mile marathon run in just under eight hours and twenty minutes. The IRONMAN race is known as the ultimate test of mind, body and spirit. Hoffman, a Colorado native, says his nutritional program includes Tender Belly
pork products as a main staple in his diet. [Eaterwire]