Posted December 12, 2018
More holiday sides? Sign us up for the bacon stuffing! Thanks to our Tender Belly culinary team, we are bringing chef-developed recipes straight into your kitchens, which are sure to impress your family and friends.
- ½ pound Tender Belly Uncured Bacon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion (diced)
- ¼ tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 2 pounds white bread (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- ¼ cup sage (minced)
- ¼ cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart chicken stock (low sodium)
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- Dry out bread overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, pour 2 cups boiling water over the cranberries and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Place bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, turning, until crispy, 8-10 minutes. Remove to plate to rest. Once cooled, chop bacon into medium dice.
- In same skillet add butter to a large skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and celery, cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread with the parsley, sage, pecans, onion mixture and cranberries with their soaking liquid.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the broth and pour the liquid over the stuffing, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the stuffing into 2 greased 3-quart casserole dishes and bake, covered, for 40 minutes.